A Senior Software Engineer with more than 10 years of experience, specialized on delivering graph processing technologies in the area of smart energy data, knowledge management and text analysis at Belectric IT Solutions (ehemals Aperis Gmbh). With special interest on backend development and to provide special solutions to provide meaning to the huge amount of data we’ve right now. When he is not laying around a computer he loves to enjoy the live together with his lovely wife, family and friends.
What really interest me is software development, the process of solving people problems with computers on an easy way. Specially I’m interested on high performance, distributed, service oriented systems, recommendation systems, data and databases, NoSQL. I am also interested in startups and helping business grow up. I love to deliver high quality software that makes the user live easier.
Currently parked in Berlin, the place to be if you are in love with technology and like cool cites, but with an eye ( or two ) into the Catalan/Spanish society.
Organized by me, et all.
Graph Processing Developer Room (December 2011 to Present)
Main room organizer, co-located within the next FOSDEM 2012 edition. FOSDEM is the biggest free and non-commercial event organized by and for the community. Its goal is to provide Free and Open Source developers a place to meet. No registration necessary.
We are already planing the next edition!
Publications and talks
- From Tables to Graph. Recommendation Systems, a Graph Database Use Case Analysis. NoSQL Matters 2012. Köln.
- Graph databases, the Web of Data storage engines. FOSDEM 2011.
- Survey of Graph Database Performance on the HPC Scalable Graph Analysis Benchmark. IWGD 2010. D. Dominguez-Sal, P. Urbón-Bayes, et all. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-16720-1_4
- Mining Software Repositories. Computer Science Master Thesis. PUrbon. Jun 2009
- OntoDDB – Ontology Driven Database. ForumCIS 2007. RLozano, XPastor, PUrbon and ELozano.